Saturday, January 26, 2013

“P” is for Pink Pancakes and Pajamas

Our oldest chickadee, Miss Chickadee, is in pre-school, and “the letter of the week” this week is “P,” so they were having a Pajama Party at school.  Since they were coming over later in the day—all three of them in their pajamas—:) we decided we should have breakfast for dinner—Pink Pancakes, in our Pajamas (yes, we were going to get into our PJs too, but there was no time for costume changes for my husband and me.  We had hungry little bears on our hands!)

Ms. Chickadee had done some Valentine’s Day decorating around here earlier in the week, so the original plan was that we would have the strawberry and cream cheese French toast they love, but when “P” came into play we went for Pancakes instead, but kept the Valentine theme and made them Pink—and heart-shaped!

DSCN6630 Well, they were kind’a heart-shaped. :)   I don’t have a heart-shaped pancake mold, and I’m pretty sure I don’t have a BIG HEART cookie cutter, so I didn’t even take the time to look.  Freehand they were…    The whipped cream is of course made with my handy-dandy iSi cream whipper I told you about HERE.  Yum!!  These chickadees LOVE, LOVE, LOVE whipped cream!

Before the chickadee flock arrived, in keeping with our Valentine theme I quickly put a table together for them~

 DSCN6614 The snowy trees, silver pieces, and white (snow) cutwork runner I’d kept out after Christmas were quickly repurposed to serve as a Valentine centerpiece.  The trees were decorated with felt heart cutouts I bought a few years ago, and a few other red/heart touches were sprung into play.

DSCN6617

DSCN6623

DSCN6626

{And the Blue Hour was upon us…that’s always a special time.}

DSCN6628 

DSCN6629 Believe me, taking this picture was NOT easy—these chickadees (in their P’jammies) were HUNGRY!!

 

DSCN6624 HAPPY EARLY VALENTINE’S DAY!

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you’ll leave me a comment to let me know you were here—I read every single one of them! And if you like what you see a lot, maybe you’d like to +1 this post or pin it on Pinterest too! Thank you!

I invite you to follow me. If you’ll let me know that you’re following, I’ll be sure to follow you back.

Friday at Tatertots and Jello

Friday at French Country Cottage

Friday at The36th Avenue

Friday at Bacon Time

Friday at It's Overflowing

Friday at Shine on Fridays

Fridays at Stuff and Nonsense

Saturday at Six Sisters Stuff

Sunday at DIY Show Off

Tuesday at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

Tuesday at A Stroll Through Life

Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style

Wednesday at DIY by Design

Thursday at No Minimalist Here

Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch

Thursday at Shabby Creek Cottage

Thursday at House of Hepworth

Thursday at Jennifer Rizzo

From my nest to yours, ~Zuni

10 comments:

  1. How cute are they, Zuni! What a fun idea to have breakfast for dinner with them. I used to do that with my kids when they were little. I think your pancakes turned out pretty good for freehanding it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grands are adorable!
    The Southern gals are talking Spring, but it is a long way off here. We had snow last night on top of what we got a few days ago, and more headed this way tomorrow. So a wintery Valentines it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zuni, what a fun treat for your grands! Thank you for paying me a visit. I'm your newest follower *_*.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Que bellos esos muchachitos!! Your table for Valentines is very romantic and I can imagine you been a romantic lady, dancing very close to your hubby at the song of a "bolero", lol.. Yeah, my daughter Sofia also makes a breakfast menu for my grands as dinner, they seem to eat it better. Thanks sweet pea for dropping by. I'm off to make a small table for my hubby's b'day tomorrow and it's going to be held at his sister's house and she asked me to bake the cake and I abladged..so I'll post later. Have a wonderful weekend, sweet friend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zuni, this post is Perfect and Precious and PRICELESS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is nice. And for the sake of the post, I do love pink. I think it's a neat color, it's clean and it goes well with almost any other color available. That is not what you always see in a product. Also, I do love pancakes it's quite refreshing for me to have them for breakfast. As for the pajamas, I usually go to http://footedpajamas.com.au/ for them but you have made a great point.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's not a little girl on the face of this earth who wouldn't be thrilled with a Grandma who makes her pink pancakes!!!!!!!! I know the boys secretly like it, too! Heck, boys are just glad to EAT!!!! They don't care what color the pancakes are! :-) You did a good job of freestylin' those flapjacks, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, hello, hello Zuni...can you hear me? ;D
    I'm here at last!
    And what a lovely feeling it is too. Your post is delightful in so many ways. All pink, pj's and pretty with little princess' too.
    I think you're freehand heart pancakes are brilliant. I may even store that idea away and use on Valentines day myself. I usually do some heart shape in our food on that day but these will really be a surprise!
    Thanks for sharing...now I've got to head back into all your backdated posts, to make sure I haven't missed anything.
    Have a wonderful week and chat again soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so cute...I can see why those little darlings could not wait, cute Valentine table scape!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Zuni - Your chickadees are so beautiful! I can't wait until I get to play grandma! - Although that's still a few years away for me. My boys also love whipped cream. I remember when I'd have to hide it so I'd have it for dessert. I love how you turned your Christmas decorations into Valentine's Day decorations in a heartbeat, just for your darling babies! You have a knack for creating appealing vignettes.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips