Sunday, April 1, 2012

Easter Table & Vignettes

Has Easter hopped right into this week without your even knowing how that happened?  That's what happened at our house--it's here, before I knew it!  So this post will cover lots of territory--from outdoor and indoor vignettes to my Easter tablescape.


Sprint has definitely SPRUNG in central Ohio, though we have a danger of frost until mid-May.  For now, we're enjoying every bit of it, taking it as a GIFT.

And....guess who's lurking around waiting with his load of eggs to hide?!
(As I was taking pictures in the dining room the other day, some movement outside caught my eye...
yep, that's who it was!!  I looked up just in time to see his cotton tail scamper under the bushes!)

A few of the touches of spring around our house...
my favorite Nicodemus piece--this chubby robin with a few eggs in her nest, in my Bombay chicken-wire cloche,
my wrought iron tiered server, chock full of eggs and carrots (close-ups of the carrots to follow),
and our resident duck couple.  They are so cute; they're always together.  I haven't found their nest yet.


And now for my Easter tablescape...
The centerpiece is a gorgeous Fitz & Floyd bunny cake plate my SIL gave me YEARS ago, so it's the good stuff, not what's out there now, and it is beautiful.  I opted for a simple Depression glass sugar bowl (I must look up the pattern!) for the flowers, because I didn't want to hide the beautiful detail on the plate.






Large dinner plate/chargers are new this year (Home Goods) and boy, do I love them!  I wanted to use these hobnail frosted salad/ dessert plates and the dinner plates were perfect with them.  I wish I had at least four more of these dessert plates...I love them, but they were a gift years ago and was never able to find more.


The napkins are brand, spanking new--Easter clearance at Home Goods--and they were perfect for my Easter tablescape. What a happy find!


The napkin rings were made by my mother years ago.  
Perfect for this pastel table!

Here is the yellow plate...I can't decide which color I like best/which place setting I would choose.  I'd like to know which one you like best: YELLOW, WHITE, BLUE, or GREEN?

Carrot place card holders, pinned by--what else?  
A tiny carrot clothes pin!
The large carrot is from a garland I found this year at Tuesday Morning--I cut them off the garland.  And the tiny clothes pins?   I've had them for years. They were still in the original package because I hadn't run across a way to use them, but I fell in love with them when I first saw them, and I am sooooo happy to get to finally use them!  
What other ideas do you have for how to use them?



The lovely teaspoons?  Another gift from my SIL--a hostess gift when I had a shower for her DIL.  Lovely.

You just might recognize these darling cordials...I posted about them HERE, when my mother hosted a pre-wedding dinner party for our son and his fiancee.
And now, they have a new home! 
She thought they'd be happy here, and I hope they're as happy as I am to have them.  Perfect for my Easter table!

Our son and DIL gave me these sweet little bird s&p last year for my birthday--love them!
And my mother gave me the egg years ago...perfect!

I have a confession...of my many dish addictions, sugar and creamers are right up there...so when I saw these on clearance at Home Goods a few days ago, no, they didn't jump in my cart--I GRABBED them and brought them home with me!
Aren't they darling?  Now, how could anyone pass them up?!
Do you understand?  :)


And last but not least...our baby's high chair, set with what else, but Royal Doulton Bunnykins?  


Thanks for stopping by.  Please leave me a comment to let me know you were here—I read every single one of them!  They encourage me and inspire me.  And if you like what you see a lot J, maybe you’d like to +1 this post or pin it on Pinterest too!  Thank you!

I hope you will follow me.  If you’ll let me know that you’re following, I’ll be sure to follow you back.

I will be joining these fun parties; please stop by to see all the great things there!

 

Sunday Showcase Party at http://www.bystephanielynn.com/
Show Off Your Cottage Monday at http://houseinroses.blogspot.com
Cozy Home Scenes Tuesdays at http://cozyhomescenes.blogspot.com/
Winter Blues Party at http://diybydesign.blogspot.com/
Voila! French Inspiration on Thursdays at http://frenchcupboard.blogspot.com/
Home and Garden Thursday at http://blissfulrhythm.blogspot.com/
Share Your Cup Thursday at http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
Open House Party Thursday http://nominimalisthere.blogspot.com
Transformation Thursdays at http://www.theshabbycreekcottage.com/
Home Sweet Home Fridays at http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/
Inspiration Friday at http://www.atthepicketfence.com
Thrifty Things Friday at http://thethriftygroove.blogspot.com/
Show and Tell Friday at http://romantichome.blogspot.com/
Home Sweet Home Friday at http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/


Hoppy Easter to you and yours,
from my Chickadee Nest to yours~
    Zuni



23 comments:

  1. I was just about to tell you that those wonderful cordials were my very favorite part of the post. I love them!

    And then, I saw the high chair.
    And high chair trumped cordial. Grin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your table ! It is beautiful ! Love the egg napkins rings .so lucky to have from your mom. Your plants look wonderful like here in ky , hope we don't get frost .

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've really been lucky with the glorious weather we've been having, Zuni! My son is visiting from NY and he said it got cold there again. I really love your silverware pattern and all your decorations look so pretty and Springy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet table filled with so many memories and reminders of your family. I love that! The carrot place cards are adorable. Anyone who sits down at your Eater table is sure to feel welcome and have a great big smile on their face!
    XO Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your tablescape. So pretty. Zunio you always feature some beautiful things for us to enjoy. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post with so many lovely photos ~ your mosias are super; so pretty! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh lovely Zuni, your post is gorgeous! Your outside shots are great, so very springy. Your tablescape is stunning, I love your set of plates, from the hob nail plates to the pretty chargers. There's a beautiful store around here, where they usually have great stuff, kind of the vintage look, some European pretty things, like the usual made in China. About December last year they had only clear hob nail plates and now I'm sorry I didn't buy them for you! I love your mom's napkin rings...ella es muy habil! Your Sil gave you such beautiful things, specially the cake bunny plate, very pretty and elegant too. Thanks for dropping by my friend. Wishing you a very HAPPY EASTER, along with your mother and rest of your lovely family.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've made such a beautiful table for Easter. So many beautiful things that have been gathered or gifted to you over the years, and so nice that you can enjoy and love using them. I love that you even made a place setting for the baby in the family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yep, the high chair stole my heart. Everything looks just beautiful. I loved the chargers. Unfortunately there is not a Home Goods where I live but how I wish there were!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful from the inside out! OMG, I LOVE the turquoise hobnail plates! I have a new linky party, Share Your Cup Thursday. I would love you to share this!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty pictures I love everything, great job. Love the napkin rings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What pretty spring things, both on the inside and outside of your home. Green (and pink) is my favorite color, so I vote for the green plate! I really like the wire cloche and those cute little blue birds on your table too. Thank you very much for sharing your lovely home at the Your Cozy Home Party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tablescapes are fabulous. Thank you for sharing these wonderful pictures!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow,This looks great! I look forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful table, Zuni...my favorite is the green hobnail plate...that shade is so pretty. I love your bunny cake plate and those napkin rings are just spectacular.
    Happy Easter, Zuni!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The table is lovely. Your S-I-L really seems to have your good taste down. Haappy Easter to all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Zuni...beautiful table! Love those napkin rings your Mom made...treasures to cherish for sure! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG Zuni! this is so beautiful! Every detail is truly gorgeous. Thank you for sharing with us at TTF. I hope you and your family have a happy and blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweet table you set! I love it all and yes I'm addicted to creamer and sugars also. I love all the plates but the blue is my favorite. Cute high chair setting also. Happy Easter! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those napkin rings are wonderful, the whole table is!
    Thanks for linking up, and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your table is lovely. I adore your hobnail plates and your new plates/chargers. What a blessing to have the beautiful napkin rings from your mother. Thanks for sharing. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Of course I love the Bunnykins, surprisingly I don't have that shape cup! Good luck with your collating of them. So many pretty things on your table, I love the hobnail plates, I think the blue and green are my favorite. Sound like you have a great SIL too! Thanks for stopping by, Happy Easter, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, Zuni....your in-laws & friends give really good gifts!!!!!! The napkin rings your mother-in-law made for you are really special!!! I'm sorry you're not able to find anymore of those beautiful hobnail salad plates. Doesn't that just chafe you when you can't find more of something you really like? For me, it's often years after the fact when I realize I need/want more of something and it is long gone! I'm so glad you guys were able to enjoy a few days of good weather. Ours has cooled down a bit here, so we're back in the 60s for daytime highs. That is A-OK with me! As long as the sun is shining, I'm good to go! Seriously? Sugars & creamers??? I love that!!! The great thing about them is that you can use them for actual sugar and cream or, as you did here with these cuties, use them for something fun and different. Very nice Easter table, Zuni, and I hope you and your family enjoyed the day! I need to try to find out how to make your posts come directly to my email so I don't miss them. I don't go on the Blogger Dashboard thing since I use WordPress, so I end up missing a lot or coming in late as I did with this post. I'll see if I can figure it out. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips