Saturday, March 10, 2012

Celebrating St. Patrick's Day at the Table


St. Patrick's Day
The mere words connote FUN--from parades to the foods (green beer and bagels anyone?),
it's time to CELEBRATE!


Green is not in great abundance at our house, but  you can read about how I acquired enough green to set a St. Patty's table HERE.


The starting point (and saving grace for my table) were the green, hand-appliqued placemats my grandmother gave me years and years ago.  I may have used them once before, but I kept them because they were a gift from her.


I love the tiny, even stitches...
the skill and patience!



Green, of course, but also gold...as in the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.


Fiji mums add the splash of green needed at the place setting.
The napkins are {Irish??} linen, hand-embroidered, with a slip of green tissue paper
under the sheer design to highlight the artistry and add color.





 
A St. Patrick's Day table must have some shamrocks...
mine are coins, like the ones scattered 'round the table,
and held in place with Tacky.
(Do you use Tacky as much as I do?!  What a wonderful problem-solver!)






A Fiji mum and fresh tulips.
As I look at the pictures, the tulips almost don't look real.
Tulips are one of my favorite flowers.



The green beads look a little like shamrocks, don't they?




 
How will you be celebrating ST. PATRICK'S DAY?  Will you set a fun table and have traditional foods?  Or will you go to a nearby pub?  I'd love to hear about your St. Patrick's Day traditions.  I hope it's a happy one!


Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you will follow me; I promise to work hard to make it worth your while.  And if you let me know that you’re following, I’ll be sure to follow you back.

Please leave me a comment to let me know you were here—I read every single one of them!  They encourage me and inspire me.  And if you like what you see a lot J, maybe you’d like to +1 or PinIt too!

I'll be joining lots of fun parties this week, including Cuisine Kathleen's


and... 
Sunday Showcase Party at http://www.bystephanielynn.com/
Show Off Your Cottage Monday at http://houseinroses.blogspot.com
Cozy Home Scenes Tuesdays at http://cozyhomescenes.blogspot.com/
Winter Blues Party at http://diybydesign.blogspot.com/
Voila! French Inspiration on Thursdays at http://frenchcupboard.blogspot.com/
Open House Party Thursday http://nominimalisthere.blogspot.com
Transformation Thursdays at http://www.theshabbycreekcottage.com/
Inspiration Friday at http://www.atthepicketfence.com
Thrifty Things Friday at http://thethriftygroove.blogspot.com/
Show and Tell Friday at http://romantichome.blogspot.com/
Home Sweet Home Friday at http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/
Weekend Wrap-up Party at http://tatertotsandjello.com/

Wishing you a happy St. Patrick’s Day,
from my Chickadee Nest to yours~
    Zuni

29 comments:

  1. Such a pretty table! What a nice idea to use the spider mum on the placesetting and to add a touch of green to the white tulips. Beautiful placemats. Happy St. Patrick's Day! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure know how to set a pretty green table! I used the spider mums last year for mine, and they seem to last at least three weeks in water! Beautiful place mats. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Zuni! I love those Mums and how they add another shape to your table. Love the gold coins you've scattered about, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful table. Love the table linens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty touch of green table. The four leaf clovers on the coins add just the right touch! The napkins and placemats are so beautiful!
    Thanks so much for joining the blog crawl! See you Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zuni- I like the spider mums set on the place setting and the shamrock coins. What a pretty St. Paddy's table. :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely and well done St. Patrick's Day tablescape. Thank you so much for coming by = that way I could also find YOU!

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Zuni...I saw your comment on Micheles blog...The Nest at Finch Rest and wanted to see this china you two were talking about. Your table is just beautiful. And I went down and looked at your hutch and was just blown away. I just have an old desk I inherited and decorate it mostly for the grandkids but they love it. Also I LOVED your baby invites. Charming and well done. I really like your blog and am now following you. So glad I came. look forward to many more wonderful posts.

    Nann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Nann, thank you so much for your sweet comments. I'm still pretty new at blogging, so it means a lot to me when someone finds it appealing. Thank you so much for following me! I'm glad to came over too!

      Delete
  9. Oh I love your St. Patty's day tablescape. Hugs and blesings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect for St. Patty's Day but also great for Spring. As always, thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't have a lot of holiday dishes either, so I love seeing how others use what they have to make pretty tables. I really like your centerpiece with the pretty beaded garland and white tulips. LOVE the napkins you used. The mums are a great punch of green to tie the look together. I'm so glad you decided to link up to my party, and I'd love to have to come again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Zuni~ I love the Spider Mums at each place setting and they are perfectly paired with your tulips! GORGEOUS linen napkins! Happy St. Paddy's Day~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now THIS is a lovely table! It's simple in design and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful table--very inspiring. The mums are a unique touch and a wonderful detail.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never celebrated St. Patrick's Day at home. We are Scots and French. I like to go to a Irish Pub instead. Your napkins are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fresh and pretty tablescape. Love the Fiji mums and tulips and the green candlestick. It looks like you're all set for a great St.Patrick's Day dinner.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I love your table and that Fiji mums, sweet! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A truly beautiful St. Patrick's Day Tablescape!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty table, loved the fujii mum on each plate, and gorgeous napkins.
    Irish blessing to you,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful table! I especially love the napkin treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm a big, big fan of Fuji mums! They last SO long and have such great textural quality! And the brilliant lime green one is just too pretty for words! I have seen some really differently colored ones, too, like peach. Great idea to use the green ones here on your St. Patrick's Day table! You did a beautiful job, Zuni! Just beautiful!!! Have a happy weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the fiji mums. Must keep my eye for these gems and I also love tulips.
    Your table looks very festive and ready for St. Paddy's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous tablescape for St. Patty's Zuni! Your centerpiece with Fuji mums and tulips it's so pretty and the napkins are TDF! Lovely dinnerware and the detail of the touch of Irish luck coins gives it the right touch. Happy St. Patty's. Come over for some tea. Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  24. Everything looks just beautiful for St. Paddy's Day Zuni! Love all the pieces on this table. Thank you for sharing at TTF and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Okay, I love the whole table, but I can't believe that the element that leaves me with my mouth hanging open was the green tissue paper layered under the organdy insert of your beautiful napkin...sheer genius! Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips