Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fall Porches

My outdoor fall decorating has been a work in progress for several weeks...I think I'm done now, just in time to shift into Halloween.  I started with the front porch, then moved to the screened porch.



Welcome to our home!
Our wreath isn't really a wreath...it's a beautiful garland that I simply shaped into a circle,
because our storm door doesn't allow enough room for an actual wreath.  It's worked great!
I added the ribbon, and DONE!



Details of the "wreath."






Another garland.  At night when the porch light is on, the leaves seem to glow.

Left of the door, this old wicker table holds an old crate full of pumpkins, lit at night to add a bit of color to the porch.


I purchased these pumpkins years ago, and I absolutely love them, because of the leaves, stems, and tendrils they have.
I tucked some mesh fabric and orange lights in to finish this vignette.


Remember I said it's been a work in progress?  This picture shows the detail and texture, but no lights yet!
Ta-dah!  Pumpkins aglow! 


This slate painted pumpkin is one of my favorites, as are the metal ones on the porch. 
The metal ones hold a candle.




Does anyone remember the grocery store A&P?  See the logo on this tin "thing"?


It's not fall until the mums are on the porch!

AND NOW FOR THE SCREENED PORCH AND BACKYARD!

We had lots of flowers from our son's wedding (that's another post), and they were
perfectly happy to be out in the cool weather. 
They were the most gorgeous roses ever.





A little corner of the screened porch.
 

Meet Wilbur...he's been around for years, and once I told my husband
Wilbur was part of the family and he was quick to tell me MY side of the family.  LOL
 

We had a casual dinner the day after the wedding for family members
visiting from out of town.  (That I gave in to paper napkins is
representative to the limited time and energy left.  :)  )
  
 

An old hand plow tucked in the landscaping also got a little dress-up for fall.
I bought it for $5 at a garage sale years and years ago...I've always been glad I did.
 

Our Knock-Out roses and hydrangeas are still holding strong here in Ohio,
as the tree in the distance acknowledges that fall is here.

This twig chair has moved from house to house to house (yes, 3 houses) with us.
I guess that could qualify it as part of MY side of the family too!
 

Happy fall to all!
Thanks for strolling around the outside of our home. 
Next time let's come in! 
 

So are you like me, that you never feel like you're done decorating and tweaking?
I've never decorated the plow before, but I saw a neighbor's and thought it was a fabulous idea that I had to steal!  Off to Hobby Lobby, right before the wedding, when I had absolutely no time
to be shopping OR decorating a plow! :)

And tell me what you think of leaving the grand ole flag out with fall decorations.  It makes me think "summer," but gosh, it's our beautiful flag!

Love to hear your comments.

I invite you to follow me...I have lots more coming!


 I'll be joining these fun parties this week and I hope you'll stop by and visit them too:

 Susan’s Metamorphosis Monday at http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/
 Motivated Monday at http://becolorful.typepad.com/  
 Debbie’s Newbie Party on Monday at http://debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com/
 Marty's Table Top Tuesday at http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/ 
 Kim's Wow Us Wednesdays at http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/ 
 Open House Party Thursday http://nominimalisthere.blogspot.com
 Courtney’s Feathered Nest Friday at http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/
 Honey's Potpourri Friday at http://twenty-eight-0-five.blogspot.com/
 Inspiration Friday at http://www.atthepicketfence.com
The Tablescaper's Seasonal Sunday at http://thetablescaper.blogspot.com/
It’s So Very Cheri, Party Time Sunday at  It's So Very Cheri
It’s So Very Cheri, monthly party at http://thediyclub.com/
Party Time @ It's So Very Cheri monthly party celebrating AUTUMN

12 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying looking at all your porches and pretty fall decorations. Good idea of using a garland on the door. Your mums look great and yes, I remember A&P. Did they go out of business? I haven't seen one in years.
    Thanks for stopping by. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely! Very inviting, Z
    There are still A & P's here in NY. They bought out Waldbaum's too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fall decorations are beautiful. I'm making mental notes for next years projects. When all the fall things are on sale I will buy a few and stash away in hopes of prettier fall decor. I love your pumpkin with the mesh, leaves and lights. WOW..........I'm your newest follower.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful Fall outdoor spaces you've created! Love your wreath and the bench out front (and I *do* remember A&P)! Your screened porch is lovely ... I'm sure you're enjoying many Fall dinners out there. *Becca* (newest follower by way of A Stroll Thru Life)

    www.adventuresindecorating1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, the porch, sunroom and the yard too. Everything looks fabulous. I love the wreaths and the lighted pumpkins. That is such a great idea. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home and porch look so ready for fall. I used to have some of those twig chairs, but they fell apart years ago. They were special.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful! I love how your wreath turned out - such a simple idea, Love it! I have metal pumpkin candle holders just like yours! One is sitting on my mantel right now. Your mums look terrific! I love how you've incorporated a touch of autumn all around your home.

    I'm hosting my monthly Before Blogging Throwback Thursdays party and would love it if you'd come and share something you made/did/bought sometime before blogging. As a new blogger, I'm sure you have tons to share. Can't wait to see what you bring to the party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your Fall touches are terrific and so festive! I really love the riot of color we have this time of year!

    Thank you for linking this lovely post to Potpourri Friday! I really appreciate you and your participation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zuni, your outdoor spaces are just fabulous! LOVE the vignette out front! So pretty! And the sun porch is gorgeous! So much color and festivity!! Perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love all your fall decor - the screen porch is so nice & cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So darling!! Thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there, your porches and Fall decorations are absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing such lovely photographs. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips