Thursday, September 22, 2011

Autumn Table

Today I got home from work vvveeerrry late, after sitting at my desk for a looonngg time, so no sitting down to blog for a while!  I know!  I'll do a table!  Down to the basement several times! Up and down on the step stool! Reach and stretch!  Move!

So here it is...my Autumn Table.

You'll notice the same hurricanes I've used in other posts.  They are so versatile, that I've decided to keep transforming them until I have a full year of transformations.  So here they are, dressed for my autumn table.







The chargers are from Big Lots, many, many years ago.  The luncheon and salad plates are Johnshon Brothers "Friendly Village," which I use only in the fall.  The twig place card holders are from Pottery Barn, several years ago, and the knives on the right are very old--Meriden Cutlery Company.


A little story about these napkins...I had searched high and low for
just this shade of purple napkins (which is not accurate in this picture,
but it is in the others), and there they were, brand new, in the condo
where were stayed while on vacation in Siesta Key.  I actually
called the owner and asked her to sell them to me!  Now,
is that a serious condition? :)
I bought about 18 of the Meriden Cutlery at a community
antique/garage sale.  I had no idea whether they had any
$ value, but I fell in love with them.  I don't remember
how much I paid for them, but I know it wasn't much.

French carafe, purchased about six weeks ago at White Magnolia, a beautiful shop
in Chagrin Falls, Ohio.


I don't remember when Pottery Barn was founded, but my sweet mother-in-law
bought these beautiful goblets for me when PB was very new.  I've used
them over and over.

Are these not the sweetest?  My mother bought a set for herself and one for me
several years ago, to use them as salt and pepper cellars--isn't that clever?!
Their chargers are from another favorite store of mine--The Morgan House.  
And the sterling salt spoons?  A gift from my mother (are you seeing a pattern throughout
my posts?)  She feeds my habit!  I come by my dish and table "affliction" honestly. :)


I can't wait for our DILs to arrive for dinner!

As we say in Spanish, "Buen provecho!"
which loosely translated means
"Enjoy your meal/Eat well!" 


Thanks for stopping by.  Please leave me a comment or two...
I love hearing from you.

Now I have TWO questions for YOU:
  1. Do you know what is in the bottom section of the middle hurricane?  Please tell me if you do!
  2. If you have any information on Meriden Cutlery, please share!
I'll be linking to:
 Marty's Table Top Tuesday at http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/ 
 Kim's Wow Us Wednesdays at http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/ 
 Susan's Tablescape Thursday at http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/
 Courtney’s, Feathered Nest Friday at http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/
 Honey's Potpourri Friday at http://twenty-eight-0-five.blogspot.com/
 Inspiration Friday at http://www.atthepicketfence.com
The Tablescaper's Seasonal Sunday at http://thetablescaper.blogspot.com/

Please be sure to visit these wonderful blogs.

17 comments:

  1. Love your table. So full of Fall and DETAIL!

    You had asked about the price of the china featured in my tablescape this week. It's in the last photo -$2,350.00. And that's not for 12!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fall table. I love the centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zuni, I'm so glad you stopped by so I could find your new blog. Welcome to Blogland! What an adventure awaits you...

    Your Autumn tablescape is gorgeous, and the eggplant napkins add a great pop of color. Don't wait 'til you find a tablecloth or runner to use them with your new Limoges! Your table is such a richly-colored wood that I'm sure you can get creative with dishes you have and set a non-traditional Autumn table with just a little touch of creativity. Dig deep... I think it's right there inside you! Can't wait to see it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Friendly Village is a favorite pattern of mine. I set my fall table with Old Britain Castles, also a JB pattern! I think the things in the hurricane are possibly chestnuts. They seem so familiar--I often see them incorporated in windchimes and other craftwares in beach gift shops....

    Now Following!

    ~Mikey @ Shabby French Cottage
    www.shabbyfrenchcottage.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. chestnuts... and I don't know about the cutlery.. gorgeous table. I love the friendly village. And I love your centerpieces.. so very pretty. My mother used to feed my table addiction too.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your beautiful fall table. The hurricanes look great! The possibilities are endless with those. Happy fall!

    Yes, definitely chestnuts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, here's a clue...No, they are not chestnuts! Any other ideas?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw your comment on Shabby French Cottage and had to stop by. Of course they are buckeyes! I'll have mine around my neck for tomorrow's game. I think they're supposed to be poisonous though. I guess I just won't chew on them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your table is beautiful and with all of the Fall elements, it looks so festive! The hurricane in the center along with the corn make a gorgeous centerpiece.

    Thank you so much to linking to Potpourri Friday. Your participation is appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful tablescape! Every piece is just lovely and we are so glad you shared it with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  11. How very beautiful! LOVE the rich, but muted tones. That shade of purple works great! Love your story about the napkins. I always say it can't hurt to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are buckeyes in the middle hurricane. We used to have them ALL OVER the yard when I was a kid. I remember my Dad running over them with the lawnmower and cussin' up a storm! :-) I don't have any info on the cutlery, but it sure is pretty! I'm glad you were able to find such a great bargain! That must be some fancy Big Lots you go to!!! I have NEVER seen chargers at the ones here in the Kansas City area! And I applaud you...a STANDING OVATION, in fact...for having the chutzpah to ask the homeowner to sell you those napkins!!! You GO, girl!!! I will often ask people if I can have something they have if I really, really want it. The worst they can do is tell you no and kick you in the shins! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful table, and I'm glad you found your napkins.
    Hugs,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo-Oooo, I know the answer!! See me jumping up & down? They're BUCKEYES in the bottom!!
    I used to gather them on my way to school. Do you have a tree?

    I'm so sorry I didn't know you when you came to Chagrin Falls awhile ago. I could have met you for lunch...I'm not far. Next time!!

    Your table looks lovely & depicts the autumn theme beautifully.
    fondly,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah!! Three of you knew they were buckeyes!! No, we don't have a tree, but I'd really like to have one (I hear they're a pain in the neck--see Alycia's comments to support that statement LOL). I really love buckeyes...I think they're so pretty.1

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on ORANGE! You don't have too much. I like how you combine other colors and textures. So beautiful. The aqua, and the clay pots and the dinnerware, and browns. Very pretty. See? Your use of orange is not too much.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips