Sunday, September 18, 2011

China Cabinet Metamorphosis



The time has come...with our son's wedding in three weeks, the china cabinet is something I can get done NOW.  It's time to put the light, cool colors away and bring in the warm colors of fall.

Here's one last look at summer...




A few close-ups to remember summer 2011 -- Delamere & Blue Room Collection Spode, "Heritage" Depression glass plates (I love how they reflect the light), and our Precious and her daddy's hands in a Waterford frame.




Our sons' Bunnykins (Royal Doulton) and silver cups, now used by our grandbabies.

Since this is a before-and-after post...the baby cups are a bit tarnished....  The baby jewelry
was mine, now our Precious wears it.

~Our baby granddaughter and our son's hands~




Now to find a place for all of this...





Ta-dah!  I'ts fall at our house!


Johnson Brothers "Friendly Village" and Table Art sugar spoon.
The goblets are from Pottery Barn, many, many years ago.


Pumpkin soup tureen and pumpkin salt cellars were gifts from my mom.


The sterling salt spoons are "Eloquence" by Lunt (also a gift from my mom).
And the precious little one?  Our Baby G





Dried hydrangeas and bittersweet,
and our baby boy.







This beautiful pitcher is a gift from our youngest son.


I've had these pumpkins for years, and I use them for decorating
year after year.


So what do you think?  Does it say "Fall" now? 
I included lots of pictures for those other souls who, like me, love to
see every nook and cranny.

Happy fall to all!
Thanks for stopping by, and please leave me a comment--I love hearing from you!
And I hope you'll follow me!
I'm joining these fun parties this week:
 Susan’s Metamorphosis Monday at http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/
 Marty's Table Top Tuesday at http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/ 
 Kim's Wow Us Wednesdays at http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/ 
Susan's Tablescape Thursday at http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/
 Courtney’s, Feathered Nest Friday at http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/
 Honey's Potpourri Friday at http://twenty-eight-0-five.blogspot.com/
 Inspiration Friday at http://www.atthepicketfence.com
The Tablescaper's Seasonal Sunday at http://thetablescaper.blogspot.com/




14 comments:

  1. I like what you did with your hutch -- it really looks like fall. The ONLY thing about redoing something is what to do with all the stuff you take out!!!! LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Def says full, and lovely! I have the same Bunny kin set, a gift from the faculty where I taught school.
    I have 4 little gkids, so to avoid arguments, it remained a display item! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful transformation of your china cabinet! Love all of your pretty fall touches! Thank you so much for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the transformation of your cabinet. YOu have such beautiful sentimental pieces! I am a newbie now following you and I hope that you will follow back. Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so amazing that we have such similar posts!! I love your dishes. I too switch mine out according to seasons. I'm also like you when I've removed the dishes. Where to put them??
    Kindred spirits for sure.
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous hutch! Love those gorgeous fall colours. Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful autumn decor in the cabinet! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the new fall look in the cabinet! Fall is one of my favorite seasons to decorate for...beautiful! Thanks for you sweet comments on {where i create!} Looking forward to reading more in the future!
    Rae

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Fall cabinet!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the updated look for the new season. I love the JB plates. So sweet of your Mom to gift you with that beautiful soup tureen. It's all very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great transformation. Just beautiful. You're ready for Fall now.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm one of those grateful readers who love to peek into every nook & cranny. I admire the time that you give to create such lovely Fall vignettes. I have the Bunnykins dishes that were my son's and then my daughter's. Precious memories to share through generations. I know that you must be so excited about the wedding, MOG. Enjoy every moment. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips