Saturday, December 17, 2011

Rave Reviews Corn Soufflé

I'm running pretty behind this holilday season--lots of wrapping to do (AND shopping still to do!), and a stocking to make, and an early, full-swing Christmas gathering --What?!  Move Christmas UP?!  How 'bout BACK?!

But my recipe for corn soufflé is SO EASY and SO DELICIOUS that I simply have to share it with you so you can use it for your holiday gatherings.  This is a foolproof recipe, and I don’t think I’ve ever served it/taken it to a party where I wasn’t asked for the recipe.

It's this easy--these are all the ingredients!
You can bake it in the dish where you will serve it, to make it even easier
if you're transporting it, or bake it and transfer the
soufflé to a prettier serving dish when it's done.

Spray the dish with non-stick spray.
Mix them all in your baking dish, bake, and you're good to go. 
I've made it in a deep bowl, and I've made it in a large, 3" deep dish, depending
on the quantity.
This recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, and quadrupled.
The bowl in the pictures is the liner of an old crock pot.
It almost held a tripled recipe.

Oven:  375o
 Bake for 45 minutes to one hour, until the top is a lovely light golden brown.

Ingredients:
1 box Jiffy Corn Mix
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 stick softened butter, add in slices
1 can whole-kernel corn, drained
1 can creamed corn
8 oz sour cream
2 tbsp sugar (can be adjusted)
Optional:  Chopped fresh or canned jalapeño to taste (I use 1 for a single recipe)

About halfway through baking time stir to fully distribute the sour cream and butter.



Ready to go in the oven!
The small one with  jalapeño, the large without.
I made a triple recipe here, and scooped some out into the small bowl, then added the jalapeño.



Done!
Nice and lightly browned.
Ready to transport in my Longaberger basket to our family's Thanksgiving gathering.



Transporting corn souffle in Longaberger basket, Chickadee Home Nest
Ready to go!



This is how the smaller one went to the party~
In the small Longaberger mixing bowl and in a smaller Longaberger basket.



Since the mixing bowl has no lid, I inverted this pretty little dish that came in a box full of stuff
from an auction—it was my big, pleasant surprise!  I LOVE this little dish!



Tied it with a fall ribbon to keep the "lid" in place, and it was ready to go too!


I LOVE my Longaberger baskets for transporting food to parties!  The women in our family know that when we take something we take everything--the serving bowls, serving utensils, etc.--so the hostess doesn't have to scramble to look for these things when we arrive.
Do  you have Longaberger baskets?  How do you use them?

¡Buen provecho! (bon appétit in Spanish, which is what we say at our house before every meal.) 

Thanks for stopping by.  Please leave me a comment to let me know you were here—I read every single one of them, and they encourage and inspire me.  And if you like what you see a lot J, maybe you’d like to +1 this post too!  Thank you!

I’m joining the following parties; please visit me there so you can see other great stuff!
Totally Tasty Tuesday at http://mandysrecipebox.blogspot.com/
Transformation Thursday at http://www.theshabbycreekcottage.com/

I haven't done many recipes on my blog yet.  This is where I usually party, and if the recipe fits the party, I'll be here too!
 Open House Party Thursday http://nominimalisthere.blogspot.com
 Feathered Nest Friday at http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/
 Inspiration Friday at http://www.atthepicketfence.com
 Show and Tell Friday at http://romantichome.blogspot.com/
 Five Minutes Just for Me at http://5minutesjustforme.blogspot.com
 Homemaker on a Dime, Sunday at http://www.homemakeronadime.com/p/link-parties.html
 House in Roses Show Off Your Cottage Monday at http://houseinroses.blogspot.com
 Amaze Me Monday at http://dittledattle.blogspot.com
 Newbie Party on Monday at http://debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com


From my Chickadee Nest to yours~
    Zuni

 

14 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful...I just might try this to go with Christmas Eve dinner. I loved the way you wrapped it to go ~ very pretty. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That sure does look good! Thanks for the recipe.
    The baskets are terrific.
    I love the idea of using the pretty ribbon.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so making this on Christmas day! Please don't remove the post now that it is bookmarked. Thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas. ~CJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. So simple and it sounds delicious! Something I'll have to try ... with the green chile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post! thank you so much for sharing... happy holidays..blessings soraya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yummy! I'll have to try it out for my family soon, a very "large" bowl with jalapenos! Thank you for following my blog! I'm so excited to be here in Blogland with all of you fantastic and talented gals. Merry Christmas,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice post ...thank you so much for sharing...happy holidays..God bless you..soraya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your fabulous recipe!

    Thank you for sharing the season at Potpourri Friday! May you have a Merry Christmas and the Happiest of Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Zuni!

    I was thinking of you today & popped by for a visit. I'm glad I did because I think I have everything in my pantry to make that corn dish. My sis makes it for her family but I've never tried to do it.
    I wanted to wish you & yours a very Blessed & Merry CHRISTmas!

    Hugs,
    Rett

    p.s. YES, I do have several Longaberger baskets & use them all the time! The tea caddy especially, as well as the cracker one & one with a medalion that says 'thinking of you'. I also have a big carrying one. DD has the one for the steps at her house. Works GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very similar to something I make, Zuni! I'll try this next time I'm in the mood. ;-) I usually add some New Mexico green chiles since they are so flavorful. Here's wishing a fellow Buckeye a wonderful Christmas! hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year, Zuni!
    I am glad you have your 3 kings tradition with the gkids, a wonderful memory for them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This look delish... and my hubby will LOVE this. I wish I would have found this before the holidays. So glad you found my blog and now I have found yours. Good luck in the New year and I cant wait to see more posts from you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum - this looks so good! Definitely saving this one! Thanks for sharing at Throwback Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Delicious looking recipe, great for the Holidays.Thanks for the sharing at Throwback Thursday.

    xoxo
    Denyse

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips