Sunday, November 13, 2011

Bejeweled Thanksgiving

This past summer I was on Cloud Nine when I found a set of 8 beautiful Limoges plates at Powell Antiques close to home.  And now...[drumroll please]....here they are!  Their debut to Blogland!


Eight plates, two of each of four patterns.
Through my research I can't find a pattern name...
I'll name them EXQUISITE--aren't they?



My first thought was the expected thought--"I can't wait till Easter/spring to use them!" Then other fall and Thanksgiving posts using non-fall china challenged me to use them NOW!

The inspiration finally came--from the most unexpected place and item:  Kroger Marketplace & bargain placemats in a BEAUTIFUL, RICH, SHIMMERY purple!

OK...I'm making this a smmmmaaaalll picture, because, REALLY?! $.79 placemats for LIMOGES?!!

But I love them!  I love that they're shimmery and a beautiful shade of purple, or...
let's call them AUBERGINE--that makes them FANCY!
I already have aubergine napkins that I blogged about and how they came into my life HERE.  Though they're not the exact shade, I now have the placemats to work with too!



Here's the table:

I decided to create a second runner with the placemats by layering them on top of the gold linen runner,
 and not use them at all four place settings.
The centerpiece is the last HURRAH for the roses I dried from our son's wedding HERE.  I got
a month's worth of enjoyment and lots of pictures/memories from those beautiful roses.



Instead of traditional placecard holders I used our Lenox Eternal cream soup bowls with a dried rose at each place.
Amazingly, the colors of the dried roses were perfect for the setting!


The layers:
Lenox Eternal charger
Limoges dinner plate
Heritage (by Federal) Depression glass salad plate
Lenox Eternal cream soup bowl and and stand/plate











Dried Wedding Roses and Crystal
(Berwick juice/cocktail cups)



Color is so amazing, isn't it? Same dishes, yet the setting looks so different
with different backgrounds.
The Heritage salad plate not only adds texture, but it also plays with the
colors of the Limoges plates.



And finally...the LIMOGES plates.  Ta-dah!






Coffee service at the china cabinet/buffet~
Lenox Eternal cups and coffeepot
1847 Rogers Brothers Columbia silver spoons--a {WONDERFUL} hostess gift from my SIL
Crystal server bowl...pattern not known.  (Can anyone help me on that?)
Vintage napkins from my linen collection.









Other pieces:
Water goblets ~ Pottery Barn
Wine goblets ~ Pristine, by Reizart/Gorham
Gold linen table runner with velvet trim ~ Pottery Barn
Gold linen tablecloth ~ Don't remember
Gold flatware ~ gift from my dear grandmother, years ago
Oval s/p tray ~ GW find
Brass candlestick ~ Baldwin Brass
Crystal candlesticks ~ Various/unknown

So...was I able to convert my spring Limoges to fall?
Would you like to be invited to this Thanksgiving table? (I'd love to have you visit!)


Thanks for stopping by.  Please leave me a comment to let me know you were here—I read every single one of them!  They encourage me and inspire me.  And if you like what you see a lot J, maybe you’d like to +1 this post too!  Thank you!

I will be joining these fun parties; please stop by to see all the great things there!
The Tablescaper's Seasonal Sunday at http://thetablescaper.blogspot.com/
 Carrie’s Amaze Me Monday at http://dittledattle.blogspot.com/
 Home Savvy A to Z Monday party at http://www.homesavvyatoz.com/savvy-homemade-monday-13/
 Susan’s Metamorphosis Monday at http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/
 Motivated Monday at http://becolorful.typepad.com/  
 Debbie’s Newbie Party on Monday at http://debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com/
 Marty's Table Top Tuesday at http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/ 
 Kim's Wow Us Wednesdays at http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/ 
 Susan's Tablescape Thursday at http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/
 Open House Party Thursday http://nominimalisthere.blogspot.com
 Courtney’s, Feathered Nest Friday at http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/
 Honey's Potpourri Friday at http://twenty-eight-0-five.blogspot.com/
 Inspiration Friday at http://www.atthepicketfence.com

22 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for coming by the Back Porch.

    Your table is beautiful. Exquisite is the perfect description!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The table is beautiful! Those plates work for any season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh oooh oooh, your Limoges plates are exquisite.. So very pretty. I know you will enjoy these for a very long time! beautiful table. It would be great for Thanksgivings.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no clue how on earth you were able to wait more than a minute to show off these gorgeous dishes!!! They're magnificent! I'll bet Bill will know the specifics on them. I agree with Deborah...the plates will work for any season. It's all about what you pair with them. The deep aubergine is perfect for this time of year! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aubergine place mats are the perfect foil for your Limoges plates. New follower. Thank you for dropping by my place.
    Audrey at eleganteconomies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, ma'am. This table looks beautiful for Fall! You'll be lovin' those plates year-round, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You set such a beautiful table. It looks like you will have an elegant Thanksgiving! Thank you for sharing. I am stopping by from the Creative Bloggers Party Hop. Now following with GFC. I look forward to reading more. I hope you stop by for a visit. http://grandmabonniescloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zuni~ What gorgeous plates! They are perfect for any season and your aubergine mats set them off beautifully!! Thanks so much for you sweet comments & pensamientos for my friend Carolyn~

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh, Zuni...you are SOOOO lucky to have found those beautiful Limoges dishes! They look spectacular with your sparkley purple placemats.

    Loved seeing your sweet granddaughter & I thank you for the recipe for Chocolate/Peanut Butter Chex Party Mix, too. Yummo! Copied that one down right away.

    Thanks, too, for telling me/us about Bombay. I'll have to hunt them down. I have several items in my home from them & always loved their store.

    I'm trying to rest my wrist as much as possible but I just had to come by & tell you how much I adore those dishes!

    Hugs,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh goodness! That is the most beautiful table setting. I just love anything Limoges! They are gorgeous!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your dishes are truly exquisite and you have created the most amazing tablescape. I love the purple and even if the placemats are a bargain, they helped create a stunning table. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your Limoges plates...beautiful! The royal purple adds a real fall/winter feeling to the table! Happy week!...hugs..Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous table! Using the aubergine place mats really brings out the purple in your lovely china. I hope you are able to find out the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gold and Purple - the colors of royalty! A beautiful table setting. I especially love the gold flatware (I too, have gold flatware). You don't see it too often but I think it's quite striking. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That Limoges is gorgeous and looks even more gorgeous on the "aubergine" placemats! The whole table is rich and warm - just right for fall! But of course, I love jewel-tones - because my name is Jewel!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning, the perfect Thanksgiving table! So glad you visited, thanks so much! I'm following...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Zuni
    I just saw your comment on my granddaughters "pink" dress post. (I apologize for responding so late I had to work a couple of days) Thank you so much for your sweet comment, and for the information on pansies,this I didn't know this, it touch my heart.
    I missed this Thanksgiving party but I must comment anyway...Your table setting is truly beautiful... The spring dishes make a beautiful Thanksgiving setting.
    You set a gorgeous table with all the layers, the pretty sugar bowls holding the name cards, the dried flowers within, I love the aubergine place mats... it all eye candy!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Limoges and your tablescape are truly beautiful. I love the aubergine colors. I am headed to Kroger tomorrow to see if they have any similar placemats. Thanks for sharing your pretty table at the Open House Party and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi lovely lady.
    I'm so sorry!! I miss your beautiful Tablescape with your gorgeous dishes. I would like to thank you so much for your sweet comments on my Tablescapes. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving day with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Zuni, thank you for stopping by my blog. Wow, you have an amazing talent. The tablescapes are incredibly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like really this post. This post is for crockery set for dinner table. I like this post all images. All images are fabulous. Its looks so decent.

    printed giveaways

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips